Sunglasses Lens Color Guide
One dilemma of people with vision correction needs is looking for prescription sunglasses. They are worried that the color of lenses will be different from the original or may lack protective and corrective features. People who are into sports but have bad eyesight also wants polarised glasses and sports sunglasses in one.
SmartBuyGlasses gets you covered.
Aside from the polarisation and tint enhancements, our opticians are experts in matching sunglasses lens colour to your prescription; thus, achieving the shades you love so you can enjoy the sun without compromising your vision.
Lens colour guide
Though they look good, lens tints are not only for fashion. They play an important role in enhancing your vision based on weather and activities.
Sunglasses colour lenses are best for athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, people who are in need of fishing sunglasses or anyone with an active lifestyle.
· Gray and black tints are best for perceiving colours at their purest form. They reduce brightness and glare.
· Blue lens sunglasses eliminate glare and help define contours. They also enhance colour perception.
· Dark amber, copper, and brown tints reduce glare and block blue light. They can also increase contrast and visual acuity. They are great for judging distances.
· Green tints can block some blue lights and reduce glare. They can also increase contrast, visual sharpness, and enhance shadow.
· Red and pink tints increase contrast by blocking blue light and enhance depth perception. They are also soothing for the eyes and more comfortable than others for longer wear-times.
Below are our charts as guides so the next time you buy your prescription sunnies, you already know what lens tint you need:
Lens Colour Recommendation By Weather
Lens Colour Recommendation By Activity